Monday 25 July 2016

Summer Holidays

Summer holidays.....entertaining little ones for 6 weeks can be incredibly daunting. In past years when my focus wasn't as balanced & open as it is now I would dread the time off. This time around I have genuinely been looking forward to the virtually uninterrupted quality time with my babes. 
 The holidays can incur a financial hit for parents as days out can be costly and typically prices are hiked up. I've spent the last few days looking at how I can give my tribe a fun filled six weeks at a  low cost...there are many organised free family fun days in our local park, along with low cost cinema nights outdoors, free dino hunts through the city etc....their main 'expensive' treat is tickets to The Legendary Faery Festival which has cost me no more than £20 but is going to be ultimately the most magical experience for them. 
 We have dusted the bikes down and have ensured they are all ready for these holidays so we can go on adventures...again low cost and my babes love exploring, they most definitely have a sense of wanderlust swimming through their veins. 
Most importantly the holidays have given me a small feeling of freedom. My children aren't regimented to school hours, we can be free spirits and have some extra time together to do things we aren't usually able to do. The stress that usually tries to engulf me has been lifted slightly and I am no longer having to battle it, time limits have somewhat dissipated and there isn't as much of a rush to have things completed by a certain hour....we are able to be fairly relaxed.
Memories can be made without breaking the bank. Love, laughter and smiles are free &, at the end of the day, are what we remember most 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment