Saturday 14 November 2015

The City of Love....

The events of 13/11/15 has shaken the world...media coverage of the abhorrent murder of innocent lives, families and friends torn apart....the 'City of Love' left destroyed emotionally and physically. 
 As I viewed, listened and read the events unfolding my heart ached and still does.....what does this achieve? What does ending an innocent human beings life prove? That we humans are the greatest threat to humanity?! When I think of Paris I think of beauty, art, romance, there is something magical about this city that intrigues me and to see it in such a devastating situation is a sickening reminder that we live in a world that isn't nice, that isn't romantic and magical. The world, in itself as a planet, is a magical place...it creates life, is a home for so many species, the ecological and also the historical side is fascinating, captivating and we are forever finding new and exciting discoveries which piece together the vast jigsaw of Earth. Some inhabitants of this beautiful planet, however, don't seem to appreciate how lucky we are....we fight, we destroy, we murder, we develop weapons that could obliterate one another, we create animosity, fear and hate. Poverty, death, terrorism etc plague our every day lives, we declare war and invade countries....and there doesn't seem to be an end. 
 It physically frightens me to think where and what the world will be like for my children and their future children when I am no longer around to protect them. I want to forever surround them with love & keep them safe but I know one day they will have to venture into the world on their own & the current state humanity is in it causes my stomach to churn.
 My heart truly goes out to Paris & all those affected by the horrific attacks. I can only pray that one day we learn to coincide peacefully & understand we are all equal. I pray for you Paris during this sad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment