Tuesday 24 November 2015

Freedom is just a loan....

Every morning since 13/11/15 I have found myself checking the news to see if there has been anymore abhorrent attacks on innocent civilians. Every morning I have sat quietly and felt sadness fill my heart.....I do not want to live amongst violence and fear, I don't want to worry each day whether there has been multiple, unwarranted deaths whilst I have slept. 
 Politics is not something I have studied, or in fact, paid much interest in over the course of the years....I will admit that. But of late I have overwhelming strong opinions that I truly believe in. Human life is precious. I will never understand why a human being would want to take the life of another, why us humans want to hurt and destroy one another in the most barbaric, sadistic and vile ways possible. I will never understand why the governments answer to global threat/ problems is to bomb regardless of the innocent people that may 'get in the way'. 
 If we were to succeed & eradicate Isis (and other extremists) it will only be a matter of time before another extremist group takes to the reigns and pick up where their predecessors left off.
 It saddens me that there doesn't seem to be a positive answer to tackling global problems....that currently the course of action in creating a world that lives in "harmony" is to kill those who threaten it. 
I can only hope that one day it stops. I live in hope that one day we all learn to coexist as equals.

No comments:

Post a Comment